Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity
For over 10 years, Gramond & Associés has provided expertise for companies, their management teams, and family groups in their acquisitions, transfers, transmissions, restructurings, mergers and fundraising operations.
More recently, with the arrival of Vincent Ohannessian and Macha Pascale Sokolow as new partners, Gramond & Associés has developed an activity in litigation for these transactions and an activity in Stock Exchange Law.
As advisors, we generally work for medium-sized companies (valued at €10 to €75 million) or smaller, high-growth companies.
We also assist a few investment funds.
Our teams are involved in around thirty venture capital, growth capital, and transmission operations each year.
In 2012, the mergers and acquisitions department was honored by the Legal 500 professional guide. According to the guide, Gramond & Associés’ Private Equity department is “particularly recommended for its entrepreneur counsel service,” the firm has “hired several partners in 2011 and 2012, offering a full range of expertise to entrepreneurs.”
Private Equity Magazine ranks Gramond & Associés among the top 10 active law firms in France in the LBO / Growth Capital segment for transactions valued under €75 million (Private Equity Magazine, April 2012)
Décideurs Stratégie Finance Droit ranks Gramond & Associés among “high profile” firms in venture capital operations (Décideurs Stratégie Finance Droit’s 2012 Guide)
Blog: The firm shares its expertise on its blog, which you may view at http://www.gramond-associes.com/blogs
Our activity covers transmission, fundraising, and restructuring operations, as well as litigation related to these transactions.
- Acquiring and transferring businesses / companies
- Acquiring and transferring majority or minority shareholdings
- LBO, MBO, MBI, OBO
This expertise is coupled with tax expertise and the ability to conduct legal, social, fiscal, and intellectual property audits prior to the operations.
We provides :
- legal and tax structuring for the transaction
- legal and tax audit of the target or, as appropriate, conducting “vendor due diligence,”
- drafting and negotiating:
- legal documentation including the memorandum of understanding (MOU), shareholders’ agreement, liability guarantee, agreements between shareholders and managers, etc.)
- financing documents (banking debt, mezzanine, etc.)
- corporate documentation required for the operation
- At the end of the operation, we also assist in implementing the tax consolidation regime, managing and optimizing dividends, management profit-sharing (stock warrants, equity warrants, bonus shares, stock options, corporate savings plans, etc.).
When we are advisors for the company’s managers, we also assist them in preparing the tender bid (data room organization, review of the tenders offers, and letters of intent) as well as optimizing their legal and tax situation.
- Venture capital
- Development Capital
- Debentures & bank loans
- Issuing securities giving access to share capital (convertible bonds, bonds with equity warrants, senior debt, mezzanine…)
- Public offerings (IPO, secondary fundraising)
As stated above, this practice is coupled with tax and financial market expertise and genuine know-how in structuring operations.
- Group restructuring, operational bridge-building
- Recapitalization and capital restructuring
- Debt restructuring
In parallel with its advisory activity, Gramond & Associés has developed a litigation activity in this domain.
Its activity is essentially focused around:
- Litigation with the directors and/orthe legal representatives
- Litigation between partners: judicial management expertise at the request of minority shareholders, exclusion of shareholders, litigation relating to the exceution of shareholders’ agreements
- Litigation after transfers regarding earn-out payments or activating asset and liabilities guarantees
- Criminal litigation concerning business law offenses
Phone : +33 1 56 68 88 90